TC Publisher ID for Java Verified™
Certificates from TC TrustCenter are placed into end-of-sale status. Read details at http://www.trustcenter.de/en/EOS-Notification.htm
As official CA of the Unified Testing Initiative (UTI), TC TrustCenter is offering developers and test houses the capabilities for digitally signing their software using the Java Verified™ Submission Portal.
The TC Publisher ID for Java Verified™ identifies the developer when submitting applications to the Java Verified™ Submission Portal. Once the software has been checked against pre-defined criteria by the test house the software will be signed by Java Verified™.
For more details on the Java Verified™ Program please refer to http://www.javaverified.com/.
Features and Benefits
- Official certificate (TC Publisher ID for Java Verified™) for using the Java Verified™ Submission Portal
- Valid for 1 year
- Streamlined and proven application process to get the TC Publisher ID for Java Verified™
- Trustworthy vetting process of applicants
- Security and trust thanks to signed applications
Signing of Java™ ME applications within the frame work of the Java Verified™ Program takes place through a series of steps:
- The developer applies for a TC Publisher ID for Java Verified™ certificate, which proves the identity of the developer.
- The developer applies a preliminary signature to the application with the TC Publisher ID and uploads it to the Java Verified™ Submission Portal for evaluation by an official test-house.
- After successful evaluation, the final version of the application is signed by the Java Verified™. Only with this signature the easy and trustworthy installation and use of the Java™ ME application is enabled.
For more details on the Java Verified™ Process please refer to: http://javaverified.com/The_Java_Verified_Process
- The TC Publisher ID for Java Verified™ verifies the author of the application to the test-house,
- The Java Verified™ signature authenticates the Java™ ME application for use by end users and mobile phones.
This way, signed applications can be delivered in a secure and trustworthy way and likewise securely used on Java™ ME supporting mobile phones.
Price for a TC Publisher ID for Java Verified™ with 1 year validity:
Please do not use Google Chrome as a browser for this request. Google Chrome currently does not support the certificate installation.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Application and Issue
Simply apply online for your TC Publisher ID for Java Verified™. Once we have received your application, you will receive an e-mail with detailed instructions on the documents you need to send for vetting
As soon as we receive and have checked all documents, we issue your TC Publisher ID certificate. It is sent to you by e-mail with information about how to install it. We will send you a reminder before your certificate expires to give you time to apply for a follow-up certificate.
The download center offers you current information about the TC TrustCenter products and services.
Please register here for access to the download center.